Saturday, April 9, 2016

Learn Git_Project_JavaScript Homework

1.There is a remote called maryrose-hw which contains your student's JavaScript homework.
Clone the remote, giving it a name of your choice.
$ git clone maryrose-hw/ becky-hw              
Cloning into 'becky-hw'...                     
done
2. Use the terminal command cd to go into your cloned repository.
cd my_clone
Don’t forget to replace my_clone with the name you gave your clone in the previous step.
$ cd becky-hw/ 
3.Use the file navigator to open homework.js in the code editor.
Be sure to open homework.js in your clone, not in the remote.
4.From the terminal, create a new branch with Git. Your branch will be commenting on Mary Rose’s JavaScript homework, so name the branch appropriately.
Next, switch over to your new branch.
$ git branch my-comment                        
$ git checkout my-comment                      
Switched to branch 'my-comment'
5.Time to start commenting on Mary Rose’s JavaScript homework.
6.Add your changes to the Git staging area.
$ git add homework.js        

7.Now, make a commit.              
$ git commit -m "BeckyComment"                 
[my-comment 01ca9d5] BeckyComment              
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)  8.Push your branch up to the remote.
$ git push origin my-comment                   
Counting objects: 5, done.                     
Delta compression using up to 3 threads.       
Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.         
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 287 bytes | 0 byte
s/s, done.                                     
Total 3 (delta 1), reused 0 (delta 0)          
To /home/ccuser/workspace/js-homework/maryrose-
hw/                                            
 * [new branch]      my-comment -> my-comment 9.Change directories back to the remote. Use your Git knowledge to see the branch you just pushed. 
cd ../maryrose-hw


2 comments :

  1. When I entered law school for the first time, the thought of spending three years with outright seriousness bothers me. Since there would be a lot of studying that has to be done so I can stay on track, I was thinking that I'll be too preoccupied. However, I figured out that there's enough room for fun in law school. law homework site

    ReplyDelete